Sharon’s 2018 candidacy for the Arizona State Senate from Legislative District 8 has been endorsed by the following people and organizations:
- Pete Rios (D), Pinal County Supervisor;
- Karen Bass (D), US House of Representatives, California’s 37th District;
- 314 Action, advocating for a pro-science agenda;
- Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, created to demand action from legislators [and others] to establish common-sense gun reforms.
- Arizona NOW PAC, working to advance the equal status of women and girls.
— Current Pinal County Supervisor, District 1, & Board Vice-Chairman
— Former State Senator, Pinal County
— Former State Senate President
— Former State Representative, Pinal County (4 years)
Karen Bass was re-elected to her fourth term representing the 37th Congressional District in November 2016. She serves on the House Committee on Foreign Affairs where she is Ranking Member of the Subcommittee on Africa as well as the House Judiciary Committee.
We are members of the STEM Community, grassroots supporters and political activists committed to bring innovation to Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Education, aggressively advocate for real solutions to Climate Change and elect more STEM trained candidates to public office.
Much like Mothers Against Drunk Driving was created to reduce drunk driving, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America was created to demand action from legislators, state and federal; companies; and educational institutions to establish common-sense gun reforms.
Arizona National Organization for Women (AZ NOW) works to advance the equal status of women and girls in all aspects of their lives. We use a variety of strategies and tactics to achieve our goal. Through our legislative, educational, and political work, we work to create change in many different ways, on many different levels.