My husband, artist Kirk Tatom, and I have been married almost nine years. Kirk shows his paintings around the country and is a notable Santa Fe artist. I have one married daughter who lives and works in the Los Angeles area. I was raised on the New Jersey shore and moved to California after graduating high school. My father enlisted in the navy, graduated from Syracuse College and later worked in quality control engineering. My mother was a community volunteer and human resources director. They are both deceased
- Physician Assistant – retired. As a PA I learned to listen and care for all people without judgement. I became aware of the problems with the US healthcare system and the needs of the underprivileged and those without a voice.
- Women’s reproductive rights activist.
- Volunteered at a free medical clinic for many years i learned about the challenges faced by the under/uninsured.
- Practiced emergency medicine, urgent care, occupational medicine and women’s reproductive healthcare including OB.
- Nationally recognized expert on adolescent pregnancy and a frequent speaker at medical conferences around the country. I developed a teen mother program at my local hospital in Illinois. I was also a mentor for high school students interested in medicine.
- University of Southern California (USC), 1983
Physician Assistant Degree
Graduated top tier of class (while parenting an 18 month old child)
100% on oral boards, 95 percentile written boards
- North Central Bronx Hospital, 1990-91
Post graduate residency, OB/Gyn, surgery
- Nova Southeastern University, 2001-03
Courses toward Master in Medical Science
- LA Valley College, California, 1979
Dean’s list, entire program
- Ocean Township High School 1972
Drama club and actor in many plays and programs
- Hadassah – lifetime member
- Rotary Club
- Pinal County Democrats
- Casa Grande Democrats
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Clinical and Scientific Affairs Council, house of delegates
- California Academy of Physician Assistants,
- PAs in OB/Gyn
- Clinicians for Choice – NAF
- Central Coast Physician Assistant and Nurse Practitioner Association, past president
- Planned Parenthood Advocates of Arizona – past board member
- New Mexico Ballet Company – VP board
- Women’s Health Conference – founder, grant recipient, located in Illinois and California
- Free Clinic – medical provider
- Leadership Danville – Illinois community leadership program graduate
- Red Cross – accommodation for service and support
- TV show “It’s Our Baby” – producer and host
- Pismo Light Opera and Danville Light Opera – performer and board member
- Community Musical Theater – over 30 years experience, director, choreographer, stage manager and performer
- Dance performer and teacher – currently teaching ballet at The Studio, Casa Grande and jazz at Robson Ranch
- Travel – traveled all over the world, Hong Kong, Morocco, Italy, France, etc. We also enjoy travel throughout the country in our RV.
- Writing – author “A PA in the UK” about my experience living and working as a medical provider in England.